Wednesday, June 11, 2008

[sic]

Often, in a year end exam question, I will require my students to tell me the most important things they have learned over the past year. The wording of the question clearly delineates the criteria. This is an essay. Be precise and concise. Use evidence, including specific details.

Most students comply.

However, especially since I've taught high school, the odd student here and there will capitalize on an opportunity to kiss up. This always makes me grimace. And sometimes, sometimes, I smile. One lovely ninth grader made me smile today as I was grading the last exams I will (ever/indefinitely?) grade.

There is very little evidence. This essay has not been proofread as thoroughly as I would have liked. Specific skill sets are not referenced.

I gave her full credit.


wow, ms. K the year has been amazing! Even though its very early in the morning right now while I'm writing this I still mean everything I'm about to say. Ms. K, you are an amazing teacher, friend, colleague, anything. I know wherever you go, whatever you do you will shine & out-do everybody else you are sweet, witty, kind, considerate, u have amazing fashion sense, and an incredible teacher. I really hope you will come visit and watch me grow in my english skills as I go on in life ( or my soccer skills, haha.) I learned a lot of new literary terms, to be a better essay-writer, my vocabulary expanded since i had to read those books you assigned. I learned its never where you are, its who you are with :) you made this year incredible and I'm proud of you; whatever you want that to mean.
--I'll miss you! <3
xoxo chica!

4 comments:

diana said...

it would never have occurred to me to tell my ninth grade english teacher that I was proud of her. but then again, you weren't my teacher. that's really special.

anna said...

i love it when students include their appreciation of your clothing choices when they are praising your teaching skills. it lets you know you are doing your job right.

but seriously. congrats on being an awesome teacher, gracie. the profession is going to miss you.

Juniperrr said...

AWH...

"u" must have made QUITE the impression, teach. now if i could only make my students love me...

i did get a note once. it was on a desk. it said (and i'm paraphrasing), "i saw señorita f. turnin' tricks down on airways blvd."

Anonymous said...

Herzlich Willkommen im Flirt-Chat.



Der Flirt-Chat bietet ihnen die Möglichkeit sexy frauen und natürlich vieles mehr,unter anderem Aufregend chatten
Hier im Flirt-Chat erwarten dich sexy frauen Live Dates
Eventuel suchst du sexuellen Vorlieben , mit Sicherheit bist du hier genau richtig.Gut,worauf wartest du?
Live Dates erotik sexkontakte ,einfach anmelden .
Du suchst jemand von Steyr, vieleicht in FrankfurtamMain, oder aus Thalwil , oder von Schwyz, vieleicht von Lienz? Sicher kein Problem.!